Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support The Newsletter Plugin Composer themes don’t work properly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

The new free Newsletter Plugin Composer themes don’t work properly for me, except Raw HTML. I save the e-mail messages to .eml file and open it with a text editor. I see they contain 2-3 Content-Transfer-Encoding fields. One or two Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit, and always Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable. This results in missing images, links and lost formatting except bold and italic.

I don’t know where this “quoted-printable” is coming from because my email encoding is set to 8 bit in Advanced Settings, Email encoding When I manually edit the file and replace “quoted-printable” with “8bit”, the eml file opens just fine in Outlook including all the images and links.

And I always have to send a test twice for newly created newsletter. No sending problem after that.

What is interesting is that all legacy themes work just fine for me.

admin
    Participant

c/p from one of my .eml files:

==========
    …..
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    ….
    ==========
    ….
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=”utf-8″

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    …….

admin
    Participant

I updated to the latest Version 7.5.3 of the plugin and I use Newsletter – SMTP Addon Version 1.0.3.
    I changed the Email encoding to Base 64 in the Newsletter plugin Advanced Settings, but e-mails still arrive as 8bit / quoted-printable. Please help!

admin
    Participant

I contacted the SMTP host company and they told me that they do not add the Content-Transfer-Encoding headers. How can I troubleshoot this problem? Please help. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.