Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Set my Newsletter as a welcome email

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    velvinfe
    Participant

Hi and congrats to the Newsletter Plugin team,

It’s my first day with the plugin and i think i stuck somewhere.
    I have created a new newsletter by the name Newsletter #2. It is a welcome newsletter. Now, i wish to display that newsletter on my new subscribers emails. I think i have to define that newsletter somewhere on the List building, on the Welcome tab, down to where the Welcome Email textarea is. But how? do i type like a shortcode [Newsletter #2] in the textarea somewhere?

Thank you in advance.

Farant
    Participant

Hi,

do you want to send a welcome email automatically? Go to “List Building / Subscription / Welcome”. Here you have a
    – message option: for your page (after the subscription)
    – welcome url: to take the subscriber to another page
    – email option: to send a mail after the subscription

See https://www.thenewsletterplugin.com/documentation/subscription for more details.

Greetings

velvinfe
    Participant

Thank you, but my question was a bit more specific and i was expecting a more clear answer to my topic. I wasn’t expecting to receive a general answer as a cold link to a topic that covers a whole area of issues. And to be fair, the link seems to have been translated by google translate as most of the paragraphs don’t make any sense. Please, could you be able to fix this?

Farant
    Participant

Hi velvinfe,

I’m sorry for that.

Back to the question: you want to send a existing Newsletter to a new susriber, right?

In my opinion, maybe ist possible with the extension like “Followup”.

But actually it is not necessary because you can send a message if there is a new subscription. Like a welcome mail. Did you try that?

Greetings

velvinfe
    Participant

Thank you for your response.
    I figured out something else: i created an HTML template for that. That looks ok, but not as fantastic as it should have been by using your Newsletter options.
    It would have been nice, on a future update, if you could play around with the Newsletters shortcodes like with any other plugin out there. And by saying this it means that you get some freedom on a design level from the users’ perspective. Just copy-paste a shortcode of your own created newsletter and send it as a welcome email to your target audience in a more creative manner and makes it a bit more personal.

Anonymous
    Participant

I’m facing the same problem. And I found a workaround.

I disabled the welcome email and simply added a autoresponder email to new subscribers.

valerydesign
    Participant

Hello, can I ask how you managed to create an automatic reply email to new subscribers? could you tell me the steps? I can’t and this plugin is really driving me crazy.

A thousand thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.