Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Import subscriber from Zapier with ‘confirmed’ status

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shiftshannon
    Participant

I’m using the Newsletter Plugin 2.0 Zapier action to import subscribers to our list. However when each subscriber is imported the status defaults to “Not Confirmed” and I have to manually set each subscriber to “Confirmed”. That defeats the purpose of using Zapier to automate the whole process. When I use the Advanced Import tool to import subscribers in bulk via copy+paste, I am able to mark them all as confirmed upon import.

The only fields I see as options in Zapier are email, first name, last name and Lists. Is there a way to automatically import each subscriber as “confirmed”?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello, and thanks for using our plugin.

Did you follow the guide here to set up the Zapier integration? (sorry, I have to ask).

shiftshannon
    Participant

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply. Yes I did follow that guide (no worries about asking!) It successfully made a connection and since being turned on we’ve gotten multiple new subscribers added to our list via the integration, but with the ‘Not Confirmed’ status.

Michael
    Keymaster

Ok, and did you explicitly flagged users as confirmed (status C) on your source?

Michael

shiftshannon
    Participant

How am I supposed to do that? The source is coming from Optimonk.  It sends the post request to the Zapier webhook which then gets fed to the TNP 2.0 Add/Update Subscriber action. The Optimonk integration lets me add a custom variable so I put “Status”. I tried both “C” and “Confirmed”. For the test I ran the Status field and value show as “Confirmed” or “C” in the webhook step of Zapier, matching what that guide shows in the fifth image (running the test from Google sheets).

However once it gets to the TNP Add/Update step it shows that it sets the Status as “not_confirmed”. I’m wondering if this is because the only possible fields to explicitly set in the TNP step are Email, First Name, Last Name and Lists. Is it supposed to be invisibly access the Status field?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

all your steps looks correct, however we never tested Optimonk first-hand. If a status field is present it should be recognized and picked up by our integration. Could you please export a sample list from Optimonk as csv with the custom variable set and hand it over to me at michael@thenewsletterplugin.com ?

Thanks,
    Michael

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.