Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Feature Request: Integration with Gravity Forms

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Jason Robinson
    Participant

Having integration with CF7 is great, but most of my clients use Gravity Forms. Would love to be able to add an opt-in checkbox to all Gravity Forms forms.

Designbooth
    Participant

me too

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, we’re going to contact them to get more directions on a possible integration.

Designbooth
    Participant

eccellente!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Integration with Cognito Forms would be great as well…

duplika
    Participant

Having a native integration with Gravity Forms, instead of having to use Grabber, would simplify things.

Jason Robinson
    Participant

Is Grabber even still supported? I am willing to help pay for this integration to happen. We use TNP on 10+ sites and all of those sites use Gravity Forms. Integration between the two without Grabber would be greatly appreciated!

Gavin Aldrich
    Participant

It’s amazing that after several years and numerous requests there is still not a successful integration with Gravity Forms.

Designbooth
    Participant

Gravity Forms is the top form software for wordpress according to this
    https://winningwp.com/best-free-and-premium-contact-form-plugins-for-wordpress/

Jason Robinson
    Participant

We really need this integration. I have many clients that would drop MailChimp or Vertical Response or Constant Contact if they knew there was integration with TNP and GF.

I want to express gratitude for all the work being done on TNP in general, it is happy making to see new features and updates come out. How can we help to get the GF integration done? Bounty?

James
    Participant

I would also like to request this feature – it is certainly needed as opening TNP up to Gravity Forms provides a lot of additional functionality.

I think this has been requested before, but is anybody able to explain how to set up Gravity Forms with Grabber (or where you can even download Grabber?) to get this integration in the meanwhile?

Thanks!

Jason Robinson
    Participant

Even when grabber was available, I was not able to get it to work with GF, sadly. Otherwise I probably wouldn’t be trying to keep this thread alive.

I will reiterate, if a bounty is needed for this, I am happy to organize and kick off the funding. We really need this. 100% of our clients sites used Gravity Forms.

robmcclel
    Participant

Integration with Gravity Forms is essential. I thought I could be creative and make some work around, and I simply can’t. There are too many scenarios that need the newsletter subscription to be connected to a form.

Please find a way to work this out.

In the meantime, are there instructions to getting TBP to work with GF via their webhooks add-on? I’ve been trying but haven’t been able to get it to work.

I love this plugin, but it needs to be compatible with Gravity Forms. Like several others have mentioned, it is the standard for WP and all of my clients use it

Designbooth
    Participant

What Rob said!

Jason Robinson
    Participant

Where can we post a bounty to get this done? Or Stefano, I am willing to send you PayPal (as I am sure others would too) to make this happen. This is beyond paying for the Agency level yearly subscription that we already pay for.

Designbooth
    Participant

What Jason said!

Jason Robinson
    Participant

Thinking about this more:

• Use published/documented GF hooks to intercept form data
    • Decide (based on form data?) what list(s) the submitter should belong to (look up list IDs)
    • Insert into wp_newsletter (email,name,surname,lists_1,list_2,…) values (email,firstname,lastname,1,0,…)

The above is just a rough outline for custom code running in functions.php approach. A full blown plugin would need UI for picking lists and mapping fields etc.

robmcclel
    Participant

This is still necessary and highly desirable.

For example, I have a client that uses this plugin for their newsletter and has a non-profit that takes donations via Gravity Forms. Would be fantastic if those donors could be captured in a “Donors” newsletter list.

Hard to tell them that their fantastic newsletter plugin (which they love) doesn’t work with the most prominent form plugin in WordPress (which they also love).

I also have a new client that uses Gravity Forms for scheduling hair appointments and wants to use your plugin for autorepsonses and future mailings/promos. But, the scheduler can’t put the client emails into the newsletter list because of this lack of support.

I’m super impressed with the effort gone into plugin development, and I really do like the new Insta – but, I consider form integration a much higher priority. Everything from registrations to donations to contacts to lead development is all via forms. And a great deal of the professional WordPress developers use Gravity Forms.

Please make this a priority.

Jason Robinson
    Participant

If TNP subscribers were registered as a custom post type, there are a number of existing plugins for Gravity Forms that can push the data into the CPT.

Designbooth
    Participant

Come on, Let’s get this built – 2 years we have been asking

Jason Robinson
    Participant

I’m trying to post a new function to help with this issue and the forum isn’t letting me. It shows that it saved, but it’s not showing here. Is there a new approval flow for messages posted here?

Jason Robinson
    Participant

I have a prototype function below that can be put into functions.php, this is really rough and fixed to one form, and anyone trying to use this would have to change the array values as well as the table name prefix. Note that some fields are addressed by array index and others are using names. There are a lot of ways this could be expanded, I think my next addition is a simple switch for handling multiple forms.

Jason Robinson
    Participant

The one field in the database that is not being filled and I am not sure if it needs to be is TOKEN. I am still digging into TNP’s code to figure out how this field’s value is calculated/created. I am not sure it is even needed initially. I have run this code on a GF and now see the subscriber in the TNP’s subscriber page, so I know it works to that point.

Jason Robinson
    Participant

add_action('gform_after_submission', 'tnp_add_entry_to_db', 10, 2);
    function tnp_add_entry_to_db($entry, $form) {

// uncomment to see the entry object 
    	  //echo '<pre>';
    	  //var_dump($entry);
    	  //echo '</pre>';

$source = $entry['source_url'];
    	$email = $entry[2];
    	$firstname = 	$entry["1.3"];
    	$lastname = 	$entry["1.6"];
    	$subscribe = 	$entry["14.1"];

if ($subscribe == 'I want to subscribe to the Dow Art Gallery Newsletter') {
      	global $wpdb;

// add form data to custom database table
    	$wpdb->insert(
    	    'wp47_newsletter',
    	    array(
    	      'email' => $email,
    	      'name' => $firstname,
    		  'surname' => $lastname,
    		  'http_referer' => $source,
    		  'status' => 'C',
    	      'list_1' => '1',
    		  'list_2' => '1',
    		  'list_3' => '1',
    	      'created' => current_time( 'mysql' )
    	    )
    	);
    	}
    }

prexma
    Participant

Hey Jason, I am experimenting with the code.

1. How to send the activation link after filling the database with subscriber data?
    2. Token is still empty after activation

What I found out:

I guess token can be anything random.
    Get Variable nk: id-token
    /newsletter/?nm=confirmed&nk=4-300662e7a1

prexma
    Participant

found the get_token function in module.php:

/** Returns a random token of the specified size (or 10 characters if size is not specified).
         * @param int $size
         * @return string
         */
        static function get_token($size = 10) {
            return substr(md5(rand()), 0, $size);
        }
    Gavin Aldrich
    Participant

great work guys.

Jason Robinson
    Participant

I will incorporate the get_token and test, I am skipping the activation email as I don’t really need it, but I can understand why others would require it (GDPR etc), that could just be another function call?

James
    Participant

Hey guys – has anybody heard any further updates for a more reliable solution than Grabber for a Gravity Forms / Newsletter integration as yet? Posting to try and keep this request thread active!

Many thanks!

Lukas Huggenberg
    Participant

I just want to chime in and support the request for the GF integration!

Bryan Waters
    Participant

Definitely need Gravity Forms integration. I’m a new user of your plugin and was surprised to see this isn’t done. Any news on this? I can see people have been waiting and asking for a LOOONG time for this…?

Cheers
    B

Gavin
    Participant

It would be great to get an official update from @thenewsletterteam or @stefano regarding this, or at least the reason they are not developing and integration.

Peter Johansson
    Participant

Agree with @Gavin – I need this, too! Especially since I can’t get the plugin to receive new subscribers from GF even over Zapier. Only get a “Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined”-error in Zapier.

Jason Robinson
    Participant

To anyone who hasn’t seen it, TNP now has GF integration and it works well. Try it!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.