Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support confirmation_url parameter is not working with double opt-in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Stefano,

First of all, I wish you a happy 2020. The Newsletter plug in is excellent and I am thinking about buying the Premium Plan, but there is something important I would like to fix first.

I have designed a double opt-in subscription form and when using the confirmation_url parameter, the subscriber is redirected to the confirmation_url as welcome message, not as confirmation – which destroys the double opt-in protocol, as real welcome page does not appear and the confirmation email link redirects to standard confirmation page, and not to confirmation_url as it should do.

I have checked that the double opt is active in my subscription configuration page.

I have read the same problem not solved in this thread.

Here´s the form code:

[newsletter_form button_label="Go" lists="1,13" confirmation_url="https://www.website.com/selected-information/"]
    [newsletter_field name="email" label="Your email:"]
    [newsletter_field name="privacy" label="I read and accept the privacy policy"]
    [/newsletter_form]

Thanks and kind regards.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, can you address me to the website with the form to check the generated html?

Thank you, Stefano.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, I’ve tested on my blog with your form and I’m correctly redirected to the confirmation url page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If double opt in is checked, it should redirect you to the activation page, not directly to the confirmation page. Then a confirmation email should appear in the subscriber´s inbox with a link to the confirmation url. But this last thing does not happen in my web.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.