Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Unsubscribe via Form in PHP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aregowe
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve created a custom, hand coded, form from scratch. I have subscribing working, but how do I implement Unsubscribe?

I have an Unsubscribe button on my form, that passes a value to a PHP variable called $action which says whether or not the user clicked Subscribe or Unsubscribe.

I have the subscribe working, but not sure how to get Unsubscribe working. Any ideas?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, there is not an unsubscription form. When a subscriber receive an email there is always the unsubscription link.

Stefano.

aregowe
    Participant

That’s…quite odd. There must be a way. If the email is saved to a database, then there must be a way to write a query to delete it. That just sounds lazy. I’ve never encountered email software that doesn’t allow you to unsubscribe from it easily.

David Zack
    Participant

Awegowe, did you ever figure this out? I’m hoping to do something similar. I’d like to basically have a toggle on a member’s account page, so they can turn their subscription(s) on and off easily.

Guido.
    Participant

You can’t ‘toggle’ a subscription ond and off easily if you want them to unsubscribe. You can create an unsubscribe option on the members profilepage, but when people call Stefano, someone that puts a lot of time and effort in this system for all to use for free ‘sounding lazy’….

David Zack
    Participant

How would one create an unsubscribe option on a profile page? That sounds like it would do the trick…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.