Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Unintentionally unsubscribed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

In a customer list of about 1k subscribers, there have been a few cases where someone was unsubscribed by accident, means he/she did not unsubscribe manually but got a notification mail that he was remnoved from the list.

Has enyone experienced something similar?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, recently that seems connected to “addressive” spam checkers and email scanners. If look at the details of that subscriber, on its log panel you can find the IP address from which the unsubscription has been started. Could you report it so we can check on Maxmind?

An help to avoid this problem is to enable the double steps unsubscription, those spam scanners usually do not go so deep in surfing the blog links.

We’re studying a solution to block those scanners but they simulate perfectly a regular browser, of course they don’t want to be blocked.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Stefano,
    the douple opt out is a good idea, have activated that. Thanks a lot.
    Where do I report the IP addresses?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Send it to me at stefano@ thenewsletterplugin.com.
    BTW the latest version of the Newsletter has a new antibot protection that should help a lot in blocking unwanted traffic.
    I always suggest using Wordfence as well, since they block many IP based on bad behavior or bad user agents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.