Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support unable to activate newsletter

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Currently I am using hostmonster. I have had newsletter installed for years, after an update it shut down my entire blog and the host had to deactivate it. I cannot access my list of emails. I tried reinstalling it but the host says to contact you because the problem is on your end.

I get these messages in my dashboard after trying to install newsletter

Warning: require_once(/home1/myaventi/public_html/sheilamburke/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/includes/logger.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/myaventi/public_html/sheilamburke/wp-content/plugins/newsletter1/plugin.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home1/myaventi/public_html/sheilamburke/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/includes/logger.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/share/pear’) in /home1/myaventi/public_html/sheilamburke/wp-content/plugins/newsletter1/plugin.php on line 65

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi check your installation you have the plugin in the wrong path:

/wp-content/plugins/newsletter1/plugin.php

Stefano.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Huh. I wonder how this happens because i just install it by clicking install and it does what it does. I never put it anywhere specific, I just click install. So should I uninstall and reinstall?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I mean, it’s been in the same exact space since I first installed it about 5 years ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just went into my file manager, the plugin is in the correct location already. wp-content/plugins/newsletter1

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just talked with my host who said when I talked to him earlier, he had changed the plugin name from newsletter to newsletter1 to try and get it to work. So I just changed it back to newsletter and the above errors no longer come up, but now THIS error does:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home1/myaventi/public_html/sheilamburke/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/widget/standard.php on line 252

Anonymous
    Inactive

add_action(‘widgets_init’, function () {return register_widget(“NewsletterWidget”);});

the above code is line 252 in that file

Anonymous
    Inactive

okay, I did some research and went into my php config. set it to 5.4 and hit activate newsletter again and this time it worked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.