Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Translation of Newsletter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello

I am using WPML to translate my WordPress site. It works great, but somehow I can’t figure out how to translate the newsletter part. Could you please help me getting along?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,
    Juerg

Phil17
    Participant

Hi!

I’m user of WPML too but I’m not testing newsletter yet because I don’t receive the test mail for now :-/

But I already made 3 lists and 3 forms for my 3 languages and I was thinking using a shortcode for the welcome mail and confirmation mail to show message in the good language … I hope will be the solution but firstable and to follow my test I need to receive the test mail … but sounds like this plugin is not really 100% WPML compatible 🙁

Let me know if you are thinking in other solution please 🙂

Cheers

Hi Phil

The approach with the lists per language and the newsletter per language sounds very promising.

But how do you plan to translate the subscription form and all its error messages, all the messages and contents of the e-mails going forth and back during subscription and canceling of the newsletter? I do not see any possibilities here.

Cheers,
    Juerg

Phil17
    Participant

Hi!

The subscription form is already translated.
    One custom form by lang

For message I want to test with shortcode.
    I create a block with my message (i’m using Flatsome theme), I translate the block and just put the shortcode in the configuration field … but I can’t test for now as I don’t receive the mail test 🙁

English version :
    <div align=”center”><form method=”post” action=”https://www.mydomain.com/?na=s&#8221; onsubmit=”return newsletter_check(this)”>
    <input type=”email” placeholder=”Your-email@address.here” name=”ne” required>
    <input style=”display: none;” type=”checkbox” name=”nl[]” value=”1″ checked/>
    <input type=”submit” value=”Subscribe”>
    </form></div>

Go to list 1

Spanish version :
    <div align=”center”><form method=”post” action=”https://www.mydomain.com/?na=s&#8221; onsubmit=”return newsletter_check(this)”>
    <input type=”email” placeholder=”Tu-correo@electronico.aqui” name=”ne” required>
    <input style=”display: none;” type=”checkbox” name=”nl[]” value=”2″ checked/>
    <input type=”submit” value=”Suscribir”>
    </form></div>

Go to list 2 …

++

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.