Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support The unsubscription message and the reactivation page don't work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    alltrueinfo
    Participant

I now found that after the last updates, the unsubscription message page (with the option to reactivate the subscription) stopped working. Now, after unsubscribing, the user immediately gets to the main page of the site.

Is this somehow going to be fixed or should I go back to version 5.5.3?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, that should not happen, are you using the latest version?

Stefano.

alltrueinfo
    Participant

Hi!

Yes, I always update the version. In the test mode back in version 5.5.3 I configured and checked all the functions, everything worked. Today I checked it again and it turned out that the unsubscribe is done right away. I can not say at what point (after what update) it stopped working, since I have not checked it since the configuration until now.

alltrueinfo
    Participant

I again had to spend time and recollect all the settings (this is a lot, given that over the past month and a half I had to test more than a hundred plug-ins).

The problem is that the unsubcription setting was reset: instead of {unsubscription_url} is {unsubscription_confirm_url}.

I returned {unsubscription_url}, but it doesn’t work: it’s returned again to the same unsubscription message, instead of going to the “goodbye” message.

alltrueinfo
    Participant

The problem has not been fixed and the developer does not seem to care about it.

Additionally: After the last update of 5.6.5, even more functions have ceased to work: now the “unsubscribe” button leads to the page with the error message: “there is no such subscriber”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same problem. My blog will go online trough 3 days and this problem drop in GDPR.
    The plugin’s author must correct it immediately.

Hans Meiser
    Participant

Same here, 5.6.5: The unsubscription page says that there is no such user. In the user database, the entry is untouched.

Timm
    Participant

Additionally: After the last update of 5.6.5, even more functions have ceased to work: now the “unsubscribe” button leads to the page with the error message: “there is no such subscriber”

I am experiencing the same issue!
    V 5.6.5.

We are sending to 60.000 and get a lot of complaints if the cancellation process does not work..!
    Please fix this quickly!
    Thanks

Stefano
    Keymaster

Have been definitively fixed on version 5.6.6.

alltrueinfo
    Participant

Perhaps this is ridiculous, but… nothing works.

I do not know how it was with version 5.6.6 — after revealing a whole series of errors in updates that were not fixed, I used the saved distribution of version 5.5.3 and quietly continued to work with it.

Now I decided to check your statement and updated to the latest version — 5.6.7.

The two-stage unsubscription does not work: when you click on the consent button with the final confirmation, nothing happens. The user returns to the same page. It is not possible to unsubscribe.

I understand that in the course of improving the development, some errors may appear. But that’s why, I think, you should not release significant updates during the holidays, when you yourself can not quickly fix them.

In addition, users should be able to download and use previous versions of your plug-in if problems with the new versions are not fixed quickly. I did not find such a section on your website.

Everyone who has problems with subscription / unsubscription (all who use versions 5.5.4—5.6.7) — I suggest to your rolling back to version 5.5.3. I did so, and I have no problems.
    If the developer does not post a link to the old distributions, I suggest using the copy I have.
    LINK to download 5.5.3

It is necessary to understand that due to the toughening of work with personal data and the introduction of the GDPR Rules, this problems with subscription / unsubscription, which plugin a have on for two last months, threaten users with judicial problems.

Also, the inability to update the plugin increases the risks of vulnerabilities of site, so if the situation persists, we all have to study other suggestions.

PS.: Or does the developer want to force everyone to switch to a paid subscription with “priority support”? But what is the point, if the detected errors are not eliminated – because this applies to all users of the plug-in, including those who paid for it.

Sorry for my English.

Hans Meiser
    Participant

Thanks for the old version! Which files do I have to keep of the old version to not lose my settings, users etc.?

alltrueinfo
    Participant

I can’t be responsible for the operation of this plug-in, especially since during the installation of some of it’s latest updates I noticed that some of it settings can droped. Export the subscriber database, this option is available for plug-in. And a have to copy all the changes made to other settings, as well as the contents of the created mailings, although I do not know how to do it automatically in the free version (I copied manually my settings to a text file: all the changed fields, message texts, notifications, mailings and etc.).

Well, in any way, use a backup of site, so that if you suddenly make a mistake, you could go back and start again.
    I’m using the UpdraftPlus plug-in, seems were no failures with it.

Good luck!

Hans Meiser
    Participant

Mmmmh… Thanks, but this is too risky for me.

The workaround that I prefer is using the [profile_url] in the newsletters. The mechanism on the profile page to unsubscribe works.

Hans Meiser
    Participant

Mmmmh… This is too risky for me.

As a workaround, I use the [profile_url]-tag in my newsletters. The mechanism on the profile page for unsubscribing works.

Hans Meiser
    Participant

Too risky for me. In the meantime, I use the profile_url in my newsletters for the self-service. There, the unsubscribe method works.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.