Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Text only version

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    craig02445
    Participant

Is there any support for adding a text only version of the newsletter?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    If you want a text only newsletter you can choose the “Blank” template and just type your text, or use the drag-and-drop visual composer adding only a text field.
    Of course you can’t send a text newsletter over a “normal” (ex. with photos) one because they would be two different emails (so you should send two different newsletters).

In any case the most of email clients (like Gmail and Outlook) don’t download the full newsletter the first time, they download just the text part. Then if the user click on ex. “Display images below” (which is automatically add on the top of the email by the client), all the image and layout are shown.

Teo

craig02445
    Participant

I understand that one way to attempt to avoid spam filters is a link such as “text only version” or something like that. My question should have been a bit clearer, where does that link go? Is there an embedded text version, or is it a link to a web page? Or what?
    THANK YOU for your response.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well yes I didn’t understand your worry.
    The newsletter layout doesn’t make a any difference (at least it’s not a critical factor).
    The main things you have to take care to don’t finish in the spam are your email address/stmp server set up, the object and the newsletter content.
    If you’re sending spam, there’s no text version which will save you…sooner or later your address will be identified and “banned” (that’s one of the reason companies that spam a lot often change email address).

Object and content: try to avoid full capitalized object and don’t be too much repetitive. Even if it’s an ecommerce newsletter you can find ways to make it nice just add 5/10 lines of text before your products. The more varied the newsletter is the less change to get marked as spam you have.
    Back to the layout: don’t worry about it, just don’t fill the newsletter with tons of images.

Before sending a newsletter to your public always send it to several email addresses (I suggest you 10 or more) for example of your friends asking them if it’s all okay, if the text is correct…
    I even suggest you to use an address for newsletters only (ex. newsletter@yourwebsite.com ) and set your main address to recive replies (ex. contact@yourwebsite.com ).

Let me know if it works,
    Teo

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was going to forget: you can add this tag {email_url} to see the newsletter online (here the doc page https://www.thenewsletterplugin.com/documentation/newsletter-tags )

craig02445
    Participant

Thanks, this is helpful. I have been studying the last few hours … is there support for MIME headers and allowing me to have both plain text and html in the same email?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure if it’s what you mean but go on:
    1) Newsletters
    2) Create Newsletter
    3) Responsive drag-and-drop composer
    4) Save & Preview
    5) Message Textual

Let me know if it’s what you’re looking for
    Teo

craig02445
    Participant

We are close to me understanding! Is that Message (Textual) included in the email along with (but before) the html version? That means there is a MIME header included … http://www.enewsletterpro.com/articles/multi_part_mime_messages.asp

Thank you very much for your time and support, hopefully this is my last set of questions!

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem.
    As you can see from the standard text, the message textual is a message displaied when the email client doesn’t support the newsletter style (those clients which can’t “read” html code as default or user choice).
    Practically if the addressee don’t see the visual newsletter, he sees the message textual and vice versa.
    I don’t know (but I think yes) if the plugin use the MIME to do that, in any case the result is the same (you can try to send yourself a newsletter and check the header code)

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the textual version can be sent ONLY if you use an SMTP or set the “direct mailing” from the Newsletter main settings. There is no options to send ONLY a text email, they will always be an html+text part email, then the email client will choose what to show. Actually, I don’t think there are email clients showing the textual part only and if the case, the will be a really small part.

And, yes, some spam filter are still using the text part presence to lower the spam score… of course I think this practice is almost obsolete.
    Stefano.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.