Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Test or send show error PHPMailer function error!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gamjobs
    Participant

Dear forum members,
    My name is Ebrima. I manage the site: http://www.gamjobs.com. I have been using the newsletter plugin for over 4 years. Recently, I change a hosting providers from justhost to ipage. I restalled the newsletter plugin and WP user addon. However, ever since, the newsletter has not been working. Initially, it show cron scheduler warning which was corrected by the my host provider, though the website health status it is still indicate event scheduler late. We have tried ( myself and 1host providers team) all we could, but still could not resolve the issue for the last 3 months. In fact the more we try, the more we run into trouble.
    Currently, I can create a newsletter but whenever I click test or send, I receive the error. Sometimes it says a database error and contact status. When I check the status, everything seems OK. Also, the newsletter is no more collecting subsribers from website registration. I really need your help. Any advise to troubleshoot or possibly resolve the problem will be highly appreciated.
    Let me know if any of you can give me a helping hand.
    Below, I paste the error message I recieves.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function PHPMailer\PHPMailer\ctype_alnum() in /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05bj/b308/ipg.ebrimadem87468/wordpr/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php:1731 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05bj/b308/ipg.ebrimadem87468/wordpr/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1784): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer::isShellSafe(‘info@gamjobs.co…’) #1 /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05bj/b308/ipg.ebrimadem87468/wordpr/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1603): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->mailSend(‘Date: Tue, 17 N…’, ‘This is a multi…’) #2 /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05bj/b308/ipg.ebrimadem87468/wordpr/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1437): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->postSend() #3 /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05bj/b308/ipg.ebrimadem87468/wordpr/wp-includes/pluggable.php(498): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->send() #4 /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05bj/b308/ipg.ebrimadem87468/wordpr/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/includes/mailer.php(387): wp_mail(Array, ‘Newsletter (TE…’, ‘< in /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05bj/b308/ipg.ebrimadem87468/wordpr/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php on line 1731

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the provide did not install the ctype module on PHP, ask them to add it.

gamjobs
    Participant

Hi Stefano,
    Thank you for the feedback. It’s true that the cytype was not install in PhP 7.4, but we have revert to older version of PHP 7.3, which is installed with ctype but error persit. In fact, now I cannot even create a new newsletter. It always say: Database error. If you were saving a newsletter try a table upgrade from the status panel.
    Is this also Ctype issue?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.