Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Subscription form fields

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hugh Campbell
    Participant

On my Subscription form, the Email field does not display in the same manner as the First Name and Last Name fields, ie. the other two show a perimeter line when you hover over them and the Email field does not. Any way to make it display the same way as the other fields?

http://transitionbrockville.com/about/newsletter/

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, probably is a style of your theme, which is different between text and email fields. You should ask the theme author. An analysis of CSS could reveal where the problem lies.

Stefano.

Hugh Campbell
    Participant

Thanks very much, Stefano. I am not a programmer but I have dabbled a bit in CSS. Using the Inspector in Firefox’s developer tools, I see that input type text has the setting ‘input[type=text]:hover’ but there is no similar setting for type=email (a bug, perhaps, in the plugin code?). Rather than modifying theme or plugin CSS files, I’d rather just add that setting for type=email through a <style>…</style> statement at the top of the Subscription page. Would you be able to advise on the syntax for that statement?

Hugh

Hugh Campbell
    Participant

Solved. With the addition of this at the top of the Subscription page, the Email field displays in a similar manner to the Text fields:

<style>
    input[type=”email”]:hover {
    border: 1px solid rgb(75, 198, 73);
    }
    input[type=”email”]:focus {
    border: 1px solid rgb(75, 198, 73);
    }
    </style>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.