Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Subscription automatically terminated for trial subscribers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ralf.krenzke
    Participant

If I send a test newsletter to test subscribers, the subscription of these test subscribers is automatically terminated in the background! The test subscribers only receive the “good bye email” without any screen dialogue.

My newsletter plugin version is 8.1.1 with WP Version 6.4.3.
    As far as I can remember, the problem didn’t occur in newsletter version 8.0.7.
    The issue occurs with various themes (e.g. Catch Base or Catch Kathmandu).
    PHP-Version is 8.2.

Since I don’t know whether the effect also occurs with real sending and I don’t want to lose my subscribers, I can no longer send newsletters at the moment.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, there was no changes on Newsletter, I can suggest to force the double step unsubscribe. What’s happening, 99%, is a spam scanner following the unsubscribe links.
    Go to the details of a test subscriber, select the logs panel: you should see recorded the unsubscribe with an IP address: we can check the source of this IP address to get some info.

ralf.krenzke
    Participant

Hi and thanks a lot for the quick reply,
    the “unsubscribe IP address” is:
    Februar 6, 2024 3:37 pm unsubscribe 40.94.105.73

ralf.krenzke
    Participant

Another strange unsubscribe is with the following “IP-address”:
    6. Februar 2024 18:26 unsubscribe .0 status: U

Stefano
    Keymaster

That is an IP of the Microsoft Azure cloud, you can check it here.
    https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip-demo
    So 100% is a mail scanner. The latest version of Newsletter has a better antibot to try to block them. You can even enable the double step unsubscription, it helps.
    This is something we started to see since a couple of months, probably some more aggressive antispam/anti ransomware deployed usually by big companies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.