Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Subscribers to choose which list/s to subscribe to, but 1 list is compulsory

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dharborne
    Participant

I am looking at purchasing TNP for a website I am working on. Currently we are using MailChimp and it’s not able to work the way I want it to, so I’m looking at alternative options.

I am responsible for sending out a National Newsletter to our 2000 subscribers. Each subscriber is subscribed to 1 regional list. The newsletter is sent out with the subscriber’s Regional News at the top, followed by National News, and then the other Regional News follows below. This is how it is done in MailChimp.

In a perfect world, I would like everyone to be subscribed to the National News List. Subscribers can choose one or more regional news lists to subscribe to. I want to use Automated to send out newsletters once a week, collecting blog posts (they have been sorted into Regional Categories) that have been published since the last newsletter. If I am able to get this working, then this would be a huge improvement over MailChimp which always includes other Regional News in each Newsletter, thus creating a very long newsletter. At the bottom I just want to include a simple link to each Regional News Category so if you are interested in other news, you can visit the website instead.

Is something like this possible with TNP? Maybe a work-around or a compromise?

Stefano
    Keymaster

The only thing I can imagine is to have as many channels as many are the regions you have and create the relative lists so the user can choose what receive. Then you need to configure a theme for each channel to extract the correct news, maybe you need to code a special theme for that.

Stefano.

dharborne
    Participant

Can you explain the channels? Themes?

I have created all the necessary lists and have managed to send out one test newsletter. I think I’m going to need to pay for premium access in order to fully test whether the Newsletter Plugin will be working in a way that satisfies us (Is there a trial period?)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.