Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Subscriber automatically removed from list without consent

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    contact
    Participant

Hello,

I am having an issue with Newsletter plugin directly removing my subscriber from my subscriber list. I had it twice, receiving an email saying:
    “This message confirms that you have unsubscribed from our newsletter. Thanks.”

I checked the statu and was indeed removed, but I never ask for that! I am afraid the plugin is automatically killing my sub list… Anyone’s having this issue ?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello, and thanks for using our plugin.

I can assure you that Newsletter isn’t automatically unsubscribing anyone, unfortunately this is caused by automatic spam filters active on your recipients’ mailboxes. To prevent this, please activate 2-step unsubscription as described here: https://www.thenewsletterplugin.com/documentation/subscribers-and-management/cancellation/#Two-Clicks-Unsubscribe.

Thanks,
    MIchael

contact
    Participant

Hello Michael! Thanks for the quick feedback, I’ve just activated it 🙂

diogobasis
    Participant

Hi Michael, I’m having trouble getting the newsletter unsubscribe to work. Could you help me?

Below I’ll explain how I did it, but I don’t think I’m able to redirect the unsubscribe link and change it in the database.

1) Subscription -> Opt In: Double Opt In. (I left this option).

** a) According to the manual, the Subscribers -> Unsubscribe: option does not exist on the screen Twho Click Unsubscribe.

2) Subscription -> Confirm: I left the default, I also tried with Opt-out message: [v] Customize: Please confirm you want to unsubscribe.

[newsletter_unsubscribe_button label="" /], it didn’t work that way either.

3) Newsletters -> Template: I’m using default templates and only leaving the option in the Unsubscribe footer (href=”http://localhost:8181/?na=nul” target=”_blank”>Unsubscribe).

4) I tried to put in Template -> Advanced: Hand edited: [newsletter_unsubscribe_button lable="Unsubscribe advanced..." /] (but it didn’t work either).

5) Link que está chegando no e-mail: Unsubscribe

6) After clicking on the link, it will be: http://localhost:8181/informacoes/newsletter-teste-1/?nm=unsubscribe&nk=6-2067732f69&nek=11-fe85648d18
    I’m using WordPress 5.8.1
    Newsletter: 8.4.7 free
    Do you know how I can fix it so that unsubscribe works?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

it looks like your developing on a local environment, this may lead to unexpected behaviours but first of all, could you describe me what’s exactly not working?

Thanks,
    Michael

diogobasis
    Participant

Hello, thanks for replying.
    I’m having trouble unsubscribing.
    – I’m using this in a local environment with Headless WordPress (backend only) and the frontend is built on VueJS.
    – I managed to make it work by placing a Post in WordPress on a page with shortcode: [newsletter_unsubscribe_button label="Unsubscribe" /], but it redirects to the backend and stays there, without displaying any message or redirecting the user to anywhere after unsubscribing. I tried looking for a redirect attribute, but from what I saw there isn’t one, or could I use an attribute to redirect to the site when finished?
    – I also tried to directly place this shortcode “[newsletter_unsubscribe_button label="Unsubscribe" /]” in the Newsletter plugin template, but it doesn’t work, the HTML is broken or doesn’t display anything, other than the warning that there should be an unsubscribe link! – And if I leave the template default: Unsubscribe: {unsubscription_url} it doesn’t work.
    Can you help me?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

unsubscription links only work when put inside newsletters, so the system knows where the clicks come from and operates accordingly. Of course subscribers can unsubscribe also from their private profile page.

Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.