Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Status Change without Activation email

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anselm Peischl
    Participant

It seems not to be possible to change status without provoking activation emails? I also tried to add the already coded – but not defined newsletter_activation_email hook.

What I would like to do is to set user->status programmatically but prevent activation emails from beeing sent.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello, activation emails should be sent upon user subscription only and in no other cases. Can you explain me what are you trying to accomplish in detail and when exactly those unwanted activation emails are triggered?

Anselm Peischl
    Participant

A non-coding friend has created an integration from Forminator > TNP, where we would like to add these users as unconfirmed until an order in woocommerce has been paid and confirm it then.

Now my idea was to hook into newsletter_user_subscribe and reset $user->status = "S" and reset it upon woocommerce_order_status_processing

so my basic approach is add_filter("newsletter_user_subscribe", "rtr_subscriber_update", 10, 1);

function rtr_subscriber_update($user) {
        if(is_admin()) {
            return;
        }  
        $user->status = 'S';
       return $user; <code>which results into sending out activation emails regardless of settings or</code>add_filter('newsletter_activation_email', function ($default, $user) { return false; }, 10, 2);

– btw newlines dont seem to work in the forum, also I dont get the code formatting done better :/ sorry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.