Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support SMTP connect() failed issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I really have enjoyed the NEWSLETTER plugins. Thank you very much
    Actually, I have used SMTP support of NEWSLETER Plugins using Amazon AWS simeple email service.
    Before migration from previous hosting to new hosting

But, after migration, I can’t send a test mail and normail mail even if all setiing is the same

====================

the error message is :

2018-01-03 01:30:58 Connection: opening to ssl://email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:465, timeout=300, options=array (
    )
    2018-01-03 01:30:58 Connection: Failed to connect to server. Error number 2. “Error notice: stream_socket_client(): Peer certificate CN=server.insidestory.kr' did not match expected CN=email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com’
    2018-01-03 01:30:58 Connection: Failed to connect to server. Error number 2. “Error notice: stream_socket_client(): Failed to enable crypto
    2018-01-03 01:30:58 Connection: Failed to connect to server. Error number 2. “Error notice: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:465 (Unknown error)
    2018-01-03 01:30:58 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: (0)
    2018-01-03 01:30:58 SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

====================

the host provider said, they all opened SMTP outgoing server.
    so, They asked me to request it to you.

now, my MX record of DNS is “mail.insidestory.kr”
    but, previous record of DNS is “insidestory.kr”

it effect on this issue??

PlZ look at this problem sincerly. Thank you very much.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, this error is strange: you’re connecting to amazon but getting back the certificare another domain.

Error notice: stream_socket_client(): Peer certificate CN=server.insidestory.kr’ did not match expected CN=email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com’

I suspect your provider is proxying the calls or like. Try to ask them about this error. The MX record is to receive mails not to send, so it’s another story. You should change the MX to the server which is managin your ingoing emails… are you managing them via amazon? Or do you rely on your provider mailing service?

Stefano.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.