Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Site Editor Getting Unsubscribed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JamesOHT
    Participant

Hi,

We have a strange issue going on for one of the customers using the newsletter plugin. His email keeps getting unsubscribed. It’s happened about 6 times. Each week after the newsletter goes out. The user log shows different IP addresses for each unsubscribe action. One of them was a T-mobile IP and the user doesn’t have T-Mobile. I haven’t seen this before. Any ideas on what can be causing it and more importantly how we can stop it? The customer is starting to get frustrated.

I did try deleting the subscriber from the newsletter and adding them back. That didn’t seem to help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello, and thanks for using our plugin.

Let me ask the most obvious question first: is your customer the only individual with access to that mailbox?

Michael

Michael
    Keymaster

Another idea that crossed my mind: try to activate 2-step unsubscription and see if that solves the issue. Also, just to be sure, if you have them can you paste here some of the ips from where the unsubscription came from? They could be as well automatic unsubscription performed by some antispam tools.

JamesOHT
    Participant

Hi, I’ll look into 2-step unsubscription. Is that a newer feature? I checked the Ip’s and they look like local ISP/mobile so I don’t think it’s that. I did confirm with the user that it’s a single user email box.

Will update if we still have an issue after 2-step.

I did confirm he’s the only user for his mailbox

Thanks

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

no, it’s not a newer feature however it should solve your issue. It is most likely caused by automatic antispam measuers that some clients put in place. Let me know if that works for you!

Have a nice day,
    Michael

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.