Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Sending Newsletters when new content is published

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chrisstevens
    Participant

Hi there, I am currently testing and integrating the Newsletter plugin. We have a requirement to send out Newsletters as soon as new content is published. So for example, if a news item is published then a newsletter goes out and promotes that new content. As far as I can tell there’s no way to do this am I correct? If so, looking at a work-around, if I set the newsletter under ‘Automated’ to go out daily at say 5pm … will it only send if there is new content ? The updates we have are sporadic and some days there will be no updates and I don’t want subscribers receiving an email with the same content they received the day before.

Lorenzo Desole
    Participant

The automated plugin keeps track of posts. If there’s no new content, the newsletter is not sent (unless you explicitly force the plugin to generate it regardless).

That being said, we have a similar problem: sometimes (quite often, actually) we publish some important posts that our subscribers should be notified about promptly. They can’t wait the end of the working day to receive the daily newsletter. The newsletter plugin does not provide any feature that could allow that. Other plugins do, but they do not “talk” with the Newsletter plugin, specifically its channel/list of subscribers.

So I am stuck.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, yes, automated DOES NOT send a newsletter is there is no content (if that behavior is not changed by configuration or by a custom theme).

If you need to send out immediately, there is a “run now” button which immediately creates and sends the newsletter. Of course at the scheduled time, if there is not new content, nothing is sent.

Stefano.

samtulana
    Participant

Hello. The same task.

1. How can I make the newsletter appear immediately after the publication of a new article on the site using the template on the page /wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletter_emails_index and so that the title of this article is indicated in the subject of the letter, and not that I did write myself?

2. I use Gutenberg and did not find the “run now” button when creating the post. How can I use this button? Question: which template will be used in this case for mailing? And how to make the topic of the email massage the title of the published article?

3. Please make a shortcode support in the template. In the template in the “Recent Posts” block, the option to show in the parameters all the articles from the selected categories, except for the last article.

4. If I want to send a newsletter to a specific group of people, how can I do this?

Thank you, I hope for help.

Lorenzo Desole
    Participant

If you need to send out immediately, there is a “run now” button which immediately creates and sends the newsletter. Of course at the scheduled time, if there is not new content, nothing is sent.

The point is you must hit the “Run now” (rectius: “Generate and send now”) button manually, you can’t “automate” it. That’s a pretty serious limitation.

samtulana
    Participant

Thank you, Lorenzo. Please write me where this button is located, in the settings of the plugin or during the publication of the post? Does it depend on the CRON? Maybe there is a manual? I can’t find in the https://www.thenewsletterplugin.com/documentation/

Lorenzo Desole
    Participant

It’s in the automated plugin control panel.

samtulana
    Participant

Lorenzo, it turns out that you do not need to configure anything? After the article is published, will the plugin send letters? And how can I disable it and what template does the plugin use to send emails after the article is published?

Lorenzo Desole
    Participant

You got me wrong.

The automated plugin allows you to send newsletters on some selected days and at a given time. You configure it once and then the plugin simply works by itself.

The automated plugin is basically a cron job. What it can’t do is send a newsletter as soon as a new blog post is published or send single newsletters for each new blog post, even though you can configure it to include just the newest blog post resulting at the moment the newsletter is sent (which makes little sense IMHO).

samtulana
    Participant

Ok, got it.

How to make the newsletter sent once a day at a certain time with the template that I created here admin.php?page=newsletter_emails_index and the title of the last article would be indicated in the subject line in the email?

It turns out to send a newsletter I need to create a new template every time? Thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.