Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support sendinblue transactional vs non transcational

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rruyter
    Participant

Hello.

I started using sendinblue as send mechansim for sending newsletters via the newsletterplugin. The newsletters are apparently send as tranasactional messages and are handled as such by sendinblue.

Transactional sending uses send quotas based on quality of delivery (bounces, clicks, opens, etc.). My subscriber list is old and wil produce bounces and the quota drops to zero.
    So I got this info back from sendinblue about their service:

sendinblue—–
    Our SMTP platform was designed to send transactional emails (order confirmation, subscription confirmation, password reset, etc). To ensure the highest possible delivery rates on our transactional platform, we implemented an hourly quota which helps us monitor the metrics generated by the emails sent through this channel. This quota will increase or decrease based on the engagement shown as a result of your sending.

Because the typical metrics for marketing campaigns are well below those expected for transactional emails, using our SMTP service to send marketing campaigns makes it difficult to maintain your SMTP quota and it can even cause it to drop to zero emails per hour.
    sendinblue—–

So as i read it, the newsletterplugin should send data to sendinblue as campaigns and not as transactionals. (or you could lease an expensive fixed IP address from them).

Is this maybe something I can fix in the configurations of thenewsletterplugin?

Are the other integrated mail server without this quota issue? Can you suggest one or two or three without the quota issue please?

Thank you.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, it is not possible to send non-transactional emails with Sendinblue when used as an SMTP service. They can be sent only from their platform OR sending a template and a list of contact via API – creating a campaign (but this is something we cannot do with Newsletter).
    S.

rruyter
    Participant

Thanks Stefano,

Do the other integrations support non transactional deliveries of newsletters?

If so, which do please?

Thank you.

rruyter
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

Even if I don’t use transactional mailing, can I (automatically) synchronize contacts between Sendinblue and the subscribers list maintained in thenewsletter plugin like it can be done with transactional mailings?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.