Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Save button

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mike
    Participant

Newsletter: Version 8.3.2 , Active license
    I’m going to Newsletter/Subscriptions/Settings and messages section, clicking on the Welcome tab. I have some Welcome page content text (I have Customize checked) that I can edit, but when I click the Save button (which looks a little faded out) nothing seems to happen.

This is also the case when go to the Activation tab and try to edit the Activation page content and the Activation email (I have double opt-in configured and I have Customize checked for both). Clicking Save here after editing each sections content (in Visual mode), does not save the changes.

What could be the reason none of my changes can be saved?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello mike,

can you see any errors in the browser console while trying to save the edits?

Thanks,
    Michael

mike
    Participant

No error when trying to save and no “spinning” progress on the browser tab. I’ve used 4 different browsers too with no change.

It’s like the Save button is inactive. When I move the mouse over Save, it does change color to light blue. When I click the button, the thin black border does disappear and re-appears when I let go the mouse click. At that point, nothing happens on the screen – no error.

I am an admin role for the site.

Until this is resolved, is there a way I can edit a file or the database directly (being careful of course) to make the changes I need, which are simple text modification changes?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Mike, could you please try to reinstall Newsletter core files? It looks like something has got corrupted. Also, does this issue appear in other parts of the plugin as well?

Thanks,
    Michael

mike
    Participant

Sure, what process should I follow to reinstall – just use the same core file(s) and install on top of what already is there?

No problem elsewhere that I’ve encountered.

Michael
    Keymaster

Yes, you could do that by ftp or simply downloading the zip file from https://wordpress.org/plugins/newsletter/ and uploading it from your WordPress dashboard.

mike
    Participant

Did the reinstall, cleared cache and no change.

We’re running WordPress 6.5.3 with Breakdance Zero Theme theme on WP Engine if that helps.

mike
    Participant

Any suggestions on what we can try next?

Is there any way I can edit the data in the DB directly?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

yes you can edit the db tables directly but we don’t offer support on these advanced matters. Please, create a temporary admin account using this mail michael@thenewsletterplugin.com, so I can take a closer look at this behaviour.

Thanks,
    Michael

mike
    Participant

I’ll check to see if I can get that access for you.

I have a clone site I can access the DB for testing but would just like to know what table(s) and/or file(s) the data for the subscrition/welcome emails are stored so I can test editing them directly if needed.

mike
    Participant

Done, you should have rec’d an email.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

I just checked again and I didn’t receive login emails. What is your domain, btw? Can you please try again?

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

don’t worry, I found your email. I’m taking look right now.

Michael

mike
    Participant

Any luck in finding the issue?

Michael
    Keymaster

We’re still investigating Mike, sorry but this is a tricky one.

I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Michael

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the save button is working now. It was blocked by the browser since the custom URL for both the activation page and the welcome page was set with a wrong value (an URL starting with // and not with https://). Since the welcome page select was not selected to the “custom URL” option, those fields were not visible and (that is a bug of the browsers) nothing was shown. Yhe only way to see the “error” is to use the browser debug console.

We’re changing the plugin to avoid that kind of browser oddity in the next release.

Stefano.

mike
    Participant

Thank you. I was able to edit the pages as needed. I’m not sure how it got this way as it was configured about 4 years ago and seemed to work fine.

Thanks again.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.