Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Pre-sale questions: Subscribing to tags

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    danleach
    Participant

I am interested in purchasing TNP but my client is after something very specific…

The way the current site’s newsletter function works i users can subscribe to tags (of which there are about 30). So if a new post is published with a tag someone is subscribed to they will receive an email notification.

I assume I would have to create a list for each tag and users can subscribe to multiple lists.

My questions:
    1. Can I setup TNP to send out emails at a certain time of the day (using a CRON job)?
    2. If a user has subscribed to multiple lists e.g. list1 & list2, and I publish a posts on list1 and a post on list2 – will TNP collate the two posts into one email (what I need) or will the user receive two separate emails?

Thanks
    Dan

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi there is not collation of posts feature, you should use the automated extension and create 30 channels. Probably your custom has very particular subscribers, since usually an average reader does not want to select between 30 categories but is more easy to create less macro categories.

Stefano.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.