Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Polylang Form subscripotion doesn’t pick up the language

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hello,

Bricks Builder in use here. There are two languages here. German and English where German is the primary. I created a Newsletter popup with Bricks for each language where the Newsletter subscription form sits in.

When I test the subscription form on a english page, the test user gets added into the correct EN list and also the default confirm message is in englisch, but he will be redirected to German Newsletter page saying he needs to check his email to confirm (this in German language) and the custom Welcome message is sent in German. I got both Newsletter pages in each language and each has its newsletter shortcode.

I build the custom emails according to https://www.thenewsletterplugin.com/documentation/installation/multilanguage/

What I noticed added to the issues above, that once I save each langauge Welcome custom email in the newsletter plugin and switch the language in the admin bar to the other language, the custom email is gone and see the default selection form saying “standard email”. So my impression they do not get saved for some reason. What is also confusion, that with “all languages” admin setting the Welcome standard is selected. It should say defined by the language or similiar because one gets the impression that there are now 3 Welcome templates. I deactivated the “all languages” Welcome Email just to find out that all language emails are gone then. On a further notice it would be great if one can copy the template from the Welcome message between each language.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, there was a bug in the welcome email management with Polylang, it should be solved. Could you check once again? Some other issues have been solved on latest version, always related to multilanguage configurations, for example, the welcome email was not picked up in the correct language.

Let me know if the problem persists, dealing with multilanguage plugin is not always easy.

If you use custom forms, you can add the language to those forms with an hidden field named “nlang”. That value is stored with the subscribers’ data and should drive all messages (except when there are nugs :-).

Thank you for your collaboration!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.