Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Placeholder text stays when click on the input field

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jivkoss.stoychev
    Participant

Hello,

the placeholder text that says ‘Enter your e-mail:’ of my e-mail input field stays on click and you need to manually delete it to enter your e-mail. I need it to behave like a normal placeholder text – on click to overwrite it without having to manually delete it.

Does anybody know how to do that?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, probably it’s not a placeholder and you’re using a custom form (maybe provided by the theme). If you can edit the HTML, likely you’ll find the value attribute set, for example:

value=”placeholder text”

while the placeholder attribute should be used:

placeholder=”placeholder text”

if you share the URL of the page where the form is visible I can check it.

jivkoss.stoychev
    Participant

Yes, it is value = ‘Enter your E-mail’. If I change ‘value’ to ‘placeholder’ it works fine but I can’t find the code in the Newsletter plugin. I spent hours of searching and I could not find the exact file…

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, that is not from the newsletter plugin, we use the placeholder attribute. Where is the form placed? Is it a widget? Could you share a link?

jivkoss.stoychev
    Participant

It is placed as a shortcode on my WordPress Elementor site. It is not ready yet to share the link.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, so you’re creating a form with Elementor? Elementor forms should have the placeholder setting for fields.

jivkoss.stoychev
    Participant

<input class=”tnp-email” type=”email” name=”ne” id=”tnp-3″ value=”Enter your e-mail:” required=””>

This is the code wqhen I inspect the element with Chrome. When I change ‘value’ to placeholder in the Chrome editor it works out fine, but I need to hard code it in my plugin.

Do you have an idea how to do that?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, that input field is the one used by Newsletter is not created by Elementor. Could be you have some customization in your site made by a developer?

Could you share the URL where the form is visible so I can get a look?

jivkoss.stoychev
    Participant

When I launch the site I will share the URL. May be in a couple of days.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.