Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support No notice or warning for email addresses already subscribed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

My problem: there is no notice or warning that says the email address is already subscribed/confirmed when you repeat the process with the same email.

Moreover, the subscription email is sent every time the form is submitted with the same email address.

Shouldn’t it show the text defined in “Special Cases” > Error page content ?

Am I doing something wrong? Can you help me?

Thank you.

Regards,
    KPC

Guido.
    Participant

Just read the forum and you will see the same question a couple of days ago.

For simple logic;
    – If somone subscribes for the second time for the same newsletter it’s, why would you give that person the feedback “you forgot you already subscribed and confrimed for this newsletter”. No harm by not mentioning.
    – If someone else checks if you are subscribed to a newsletter by entering your emailadress and that person get’s the message “you are already subscribed” than you have a privacy-issue. That would be a problem.
    – And more difficult, if someone can subscribe to more newsletters at the same time (most of us will use that option) and get’s an error because he already subscribed to one of them but not to the others…

The big question is, why would you want it when it changes nothing in a positive way.

(and also the reason why unsubscribing should never be possible by entering only the emailadres in een box on the website, but be checked before)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.