I’m experiencing what appears to be a cookie related error with the newsletter locked content extension. I just updated the newsletter plugin to the latest version (5.8.2) from a version where before the locked content feature was broken out into its own extension. Everything was working properly before the update. Now when you go through the double-opt-in process of subscribing the new registration appears in the newsletter subscriber list but the locked content does not unlock. The content does unlock if you are logged into the wordpress backend.
Here is the web page in question: https://mapre.lbl.gov/spatial-data/ to reproduce the problem fill out the registration form and complete the double-opt-in process. Load the page linked here again and voila! Nothing has changed except your email has been registered in the newsletter plugin in the backend.
Apologies for the link above which probably didn’t shows the locked content when you looked at it. I had removed the locked content feature while debugging the problem. I was going to send you to a development environment but I discovered that that server isn’t sending the confirmation email so there would be no way for you to test it. So instead I’ve re-enabled the locked content extension and you can see it here:
Apologies for the confusion but I’m going to update the links to the problem (for the third time) because I discovered that the site’s test environment is working in terms of the double opt-in process. So please look at the following links as I will be deactivating the locked content plugin on the production site again.