Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Newsletter was sent with wrong Language to some subscribers in some cases

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

my site does not have a multi-language plugin and is only operated in German. I sent out a newsletter in German and half of the recipients received a part in Greek (or just the Greek font I am not sure). I imported my contacts (without language data) from Mailchimp. I read the following in the documentation: “To set a default language for subscribers missing that field, you can do it on the Subscriber Maintenance panel.” I can’t find this panel with me… I can’t find any setting for the subscribers themselves to change their language.

Please help. Thanks very much!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the emails generated by a designed newsletter are all identical (apart from the personal link to unsubscribe), the plugin never translates or changes the content. I imagine this is happening elsewhere for example by the delivery system you’re using… really I don’t know. Can you share a couple of examples?
    Could they have been translated by GMail (which sometimes offers that option?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.