Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Newsletter Plugin explodes wp_options table

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy W
    Participant

Hi,

one of my customers is experiencing an issue with this plugin. Usage of our providers DB-contingent increases by 20-30% daily. As soon as a newsletter is being sent, the increase gets out of control. Starting with 10%, we had 320% the night after the last newsletter.

The provider keeps sending warning emails, so I use “OPTIMIZE TABLE wp_options” to keep the site running. She already tried using the plugin WP_Optimize to daily clean DB. But in our eyes both ways shouldn’t be done that regularly, just because one plugin keeps messing with the DB. The plugin is in use since years, never causing any problems. Started quite rapidly about two months ago (sry couldn’t tell on which update or what).

It seems like there are loads of transients being stored and not removed. The row “_transient_tnp_extensions_json” of wp_options always seems to be the largest.

Anybody experienced similar issues? Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, there should be only ONE transient with that json, which is used to check the addons versions. Are you finding more than one transient with the same name?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, but what is growing in the database? If you send a newsletter the newsletter_sent table is filled in with data for tracking purposes. We do not store other transients (or anyway a little number of them).

Maybe your customer has an increased number fo subscribers?

Andy W
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

thanks for your quick reply

Hi, there should be only ONE transient with that json, which is used to check the addons versions. Are you finding more than one transient with the same name?

No I am only finding that one. It’s “option_value” seems to be very large.

Hi, but what is growing in the database? If you send a newsletter the newsletter_sent table is filled in with data for tracking purposes. We do not store other transients (or anyway a little number of them).

As I said wp_options grows. Running OPTIMIZE TABLE wp_options in SQL console will restore the DB size from for example 320% to it’s initial 10%. So the problem must be in wp_options.

Maybe your customer has an increased number fo subscribers?

In that case tables like “newsletter_sent” would grow, or am I wrong? Not wp_options?!

Andy W
    Participant

Ok, thanks…

Andy W
    Participant

I suppose the only solution for us is another plugin. We liked yours for years….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.