Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Newsletter Dropping Spaces Between Words

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    geoffrey.golden
    Participant

Hi there!

I sent my first newsletter today. The email itself is primarily a blog entry using the “Last Post” block.

In the newsletter backend, everything looks great. But I should have read the preview email I sent myself more closely – there are spaces being dropped at seemingly random intervals throughout the email. So instead of, “Hey everyone, thank you for reading” it comes out as, “Heyeveryone, thank you for reading.” These grammatical errors aren’t present in the original blog post, only in the sent version. How can I fix this for next week’s newsletter?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Geoffrey, and thanks for using our plugin. This is rather weird, I’d need to take a look at one of these newsletter, could you please send a test one to michael@thenewsletterplugin.com?

Thanks,
    Michael

geoffrey.golden
    Participant

Thanks for looking, Michael. I just sent a test. Look for “Equip Story” in your inbox, subject line: “A New Beginning and No Ending.”

You can compare it to the blog it’s drawing from: https://www.equipstory.com/a-new-beginning-and-no-ending/

There are quite a few spaces between words missing, like “professionalscreenplay” and “theHot.”

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

unfortunately I didn’t get your email. Could you please try again?

Thanks,
    Michael

geoffrey.golden
    Participant

I sent you the newsletter twice. Once as a test within the backend and once as a forward. Did you receive either of my emails? I haven’t heard from you.

I tried not using the Last Post block and instead copy-pasted the text from the blog into a text block. It still does it. Then I tried eliminating rich text formatting, copying the text into the text block, and re-adding the formatting. It still does it. Nothing seems to work.

I was considering upgrading to paid, because I really like the plugin interface, but honestly this has been a very frustrating experience.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

yes I took a look at your emails, sorry for this delay. I’d need another thing, cause one of our developers have already seen this behaviour and it was caused by a conflict with another plugin. Could you please let us have a list of your currently active plugins?

Thanks,
    Michael

geoffrey.golden
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! Here’s my plugin list:

All in One SEO
    Fonts Plugin | Google Fonts Typography
    Newsletter
    Newsletter – Addons Manager
    Newsletter – Import
    Total Upkeep
    WP Crontrol
    WP Mail SMTP
    WP Super Cache
    WPForms Lite

geoffrey.golden
    Participant

I went ahead and deactivated all the plugins that weren’t essential to the newsletter:

All in One SEO
    Fonts Plugin | Google Fonts Typography
    Total Upkeep
    WP Crontrol
    WP Super Cache
    WPForms Lite

No change. When I send a test, it’s still dropping spaces between words. :-/

Michael
    Keymaster

Thanks Geoffrey, I do confirm it wasn’t one of your plugins’ fault. Can you please run a test send briefly disabling wp smtp and see if the error persists? 

Thanks
    M

geoffrey.golden
    Participant

I went into the WP Mail STMP plugin. Instead of selecting Other (SMTP), I chose PHP.

I tried sending two test emails. One was my newsletter from within the The Newsletter Plugin. The other was a basic test email with WP Mail STMP. I didn’t get either message in my inbox or in spam.

geoffrey.golden
    Participant

I spoke too soon. The emails arrived and they look perfect! I also tried my old SMTP service (Dreamhost) and they look good. So the issue seems to be with my current SMTP service, MailerSend. I’m going to hit up their support, but if you have any recommendations, I’d love to hear them. Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.