Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Newletter plugin not sending subscription under Hostgator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aliyesami
    Participant

Stefano/Roberto/Michael

I am a paid customer and I am desperately in need to get this plugin working ,
    Considering you are the authors of this product it should be a simple task to find the issue why my subscription is not working.
    Hostgator is one of the biggest webhosting services in USA and if its blocking smtp email (which they don’t) you would have heard it by now from many who are using your plugin .
    As I stated in my ticket , The subscription was working fine until I reinstalled the Newsletter plugin.
    and It was sending subscription emails even when the smtp test email option was failing.
    How the subscription was working for me when the smtp test was failing .. does the subscription process uses some other way to send emails and not smtp ?

Anyone out there who is hosting with Hostgator and using this Newsletter plugin please let us know.

thanks
    Sami

aliyesami
    Participant

this issue is resolved now and my newsletter is working !
    Stefano/Roberto/Michael : please put it in your install document as it will save plenty of people like me loosing days worth of work.
    The Hostgator was not blocking the smtp but Google was , in google account page I had to turn on the “allow less secure app” feature. By default its turned off.

Sami

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.