Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support New Visual Editor: Glitches and Feature Requests

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    inntoon
    Participant

I’m a long-time Newsletter Plugin and I enjoy the constant updates and good support. Thank you.

I love the new ability to schedule delivery, but if you schedule, then pause and edit, and then send again, the scheduled time disappears and an immediate delivery starts. Need to make the scheduling persist.

When I copy/paste blog posts into a newsletter, all my quotation marks and em-dashes, etc. turn into question marks in the final text. This didn’t happen in the previous version. Now I have to turn my curly printer’s quotes into double primes and my apostrophes into single primes – or insert escape sequences. Is there any way to eliminate this hassle and restore better typography?

And as a feature request, I’d love the “Single Post” block to include an option to publish “most recent post” or list posts that have been scheduled but not yet released. Obviously, you’d need to warn users not to send newsletters that link to unreleased posts, but for bloggers who schedule posts weeks or months in advance, this would allow newsletters to be scheduled in advance as well.

And in the single-post, would it be difficult to add img {max-width:100%;} to the default css. Any graphics that are wider than the newsletter template blow the width out and require manual editing. I can’t think of any reason not to confine images within the width of the layout.

Finally, scheduling works in one-hour increments. Would it be possible to add minutes – or at least 15-min increments?

Thank you,

Dave Bricker

inntoon
    Participant

Actually, when I convert to HTML, I see that the CSS is there, but it’s not rendering in the preview.

See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLpXwp5QgZMmPt21_SkpqopKl5gGD7dt/view?usp=sharing

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, about the conversion in HTML I’ll check it, it should not breaks up the preview. I’ve added a scheduler review not base on your report, I think we can review it this week. For posts, a newsletter is generated as HTML while editing, is it now regenerated in sending. If you need an automatic newsletter we have the automated add-ons (will be improved with the composer shortly).

Thank you, Stefano.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.