Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support New User – Double Opt-In not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there. New user here. I am having trouble getting the double opt-in process to work. I am working on a GoDaddy hosted WordPress site for a client. I have tried using the GoDaddy SMTP option as well as external. All test messages from the SMTP configuration page always arrive.

Regardless of how GoDaddy SMTP is configured, I always get the test mails. No problems there. I can also send a test newsletter successfully. My problem is that activation emails (and subsequent confirmation emails, because I can’t activate) never arrive. I have checked junk email, and still nothing. The Newsletter Subscriber page shows the user and is waiting for confirmation. If I use the “resend activation” button, it reports that an email is successfully sent, but again, nothing arrives.

If I manually confirm a subscriber (or if I just add a subscriber manually as a test user), I am able to successfully send a test activation email. If I turn off double opt-in, the user is confirmed immediately, and again, everything works as expected.

Any insights would be highly appreciated!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, check on SMTP panel to have it enabled. When success is reported is meaqns the email has been moved to the underline mail service (local, smtp and so on) with success. If the email never ends in the recipient’s mailbox, it means the mailing system is blocking it.

Stefano.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Stefano. Thanks for the quick reply!

I have tried with SMTP enabled (I made sure to save the settings.) I get the test message successfully at the target address with the body: “This Email is sent by PHPMailer of WordPress.” But I still do not get an activation email. I have tried multiple email addresses.

prantikv
    Participant

I am facing the same issue. I am using Godaddy as well. Did you find any solution for this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.