Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Mobile unsubscription

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    orp
    Participant

Hey guys,

thank you for the great plugin!

Unfortunately I have a problem with the unsubscription_confirm_url, but only on mobile browsers like Chrome for Android or Safari for iOS, and only with that link. All other links are working fine. On desktop browsers the unsubscription_confirm_url is working fine also. On mobiles occurs a message to activate JavaScript and cookies instead after using that link. Is it a known problem? Can’t find anything about…

Thanks for your support!
    Best regards, Lars

orp
    Participant

Ok, my fault – sorry.

It’s not the mobile browser. Unsubscription is not possible for non logged users. For those the link unsubscription_confirm_url is not working, and the message described above is shown.
    What can be done?

Thank you!
    Lars

Stefano
    Keymaster

Uhm, thsat is strange, the unsubscription is (or at least should be) available to logged in users. The problem there is some kind of protection of called pages. Have you a security plugin installed?

Stefano.

orp
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

thanks for your reply. You are completely right. There is a security plugin installed called WP-SpamShield. When it’s deactivated the link is working fine also for unlogged users. Thank you!
    Did you know about this issue before? Is there something to be done to get working both plugins?

Best regards,
    Lars

LeGarb
    Participant

I have the same issue that the WP-SpamShield is blocking what happens when an unconfirmed email recipient receives a newsletter email and clicks on the {subscription_confirm_url} link.

The browser comes up with the error : “ERROR: Sorry, there was an error. Please be sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled in your browser and try again.”

Disable the plugin and all works fine. Was there any solution to this ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.