Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Might Give Up Soon

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A test email of the newsletter works. Sending one newsletter to 7 subscribers does not. My provider added the Cron. Documentation is extremely confusing to me. Engine problems say schedule has been skipped and scheduler is overloaded. Downloaded WP-control – don’t know what to do with it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Erica

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok I didn’t give up. Deactivated cache plugins, set a schedule, and Newsletter was delivered two minutes after scheduled time.
    Whew.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Uhm, usually a cache plugin never blocks the wp-cron.php, so probably the provider has not added the cron call correctly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks for your reply – I’ll have to wait until next time I send a newsletter (aiming to send every two weeks or so) to see what happens then.
    When I test the cron.php in the browser it does return a blank page which is good (?) if I’m understanding the documentation correctly?

It could be me, in that the first few times I was not scheduling a send, only using ‘send now’. There was a two minute delay between the scheduled send and when the newsletter sent. I’m understanding all the elements involved a bit better now. If there’s trouble on the next send I will definitely contact the provider.

This newsletter plugin is great – it adds so much to the site and enables deeper connection with subscribers.
    Thanks again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.