Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Locked Content

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Greta Lamfel
    Participant

I added the

[newsletter_lock]
    content
    [/newsletter_lock]

But it is not working. Please help. The documentation doesn’t help.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, can you explain what is not working?

Greta Lamfel
    Participant

The “Locked Content” add-on is not working. According to the instructions, I am supposed to put the below code in a post to lock certain content and unlock once a user subscribes to my newsletter, but the code does not work and my content is not locked.

[newsletter_lock]
    content
    [/newsletter_lock]

Antonio Diez
    Participant

Dear Stefano,
    I am having the same issue… I thought it could be a problem of how I insert the codes, as the extension works fantastic just creating a category and adding the post to that one,
    but I have tried adding the codes in every way possible.
    I can get the Locked contain message, and the subscription form, but the contains I try to hide appear after, and I can see the code [/newsletter_lock] appearing on the web page, as if it is not understood by WP.
    I am using text boxes, and it looks like if it only works when boths commands are in the same box.

But, if using the classic editor I edit the whole post in html code, adding the commands in several places, the content is not hidden…
    Any ideas, please?
    I have used the Search but I do not find any solution, please is there any link to a reply?

Thank you very much on advance!

Antonio Diez
    Participant

Sorry, here is an example of a post in which I am trying:
    https://futurhobby.com/magaz/yuneec-breeze-4k/

Newbie-
    Participant

Hi

Regrettably confirming that “Locked Content” extension has a working problem on my side too. After subscribing (both with single or double-opt in) getting all subscription confirmations the locked content (in my cases it is in the posts) still remains locked and subscribers cannot get access to the actual content which is according to the description is supposed to be unlocked automatically after the subscription process but it remains locked simply showing in the posts the same subscription locked process to go. I tried clearing browsers, cookies, different computers – the extension still does not unlock the content unfortunately.

Could you please advise when the relevant solution might be solved and perhaps updated in the next Newsletter updates?

I am currently using Newsletter 5.9.2 and Locked Content 1.0.2

Thanks

Newbie-
    Participant

Hi Stefano

Could you please kindly update with the “Locked Content” problem and how to solve it?

Thanks

SUMEET SINHA
    Participant

When you are putting the shortcodes
    [newsletter_lock]
    and [/newsletter_lock]

I’m assuming you are using the ‘Insert shortcode’ option to insert the two shortcodes?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, Sumeet.
    Sorry to bother but I never get a reply from the developers.
    Since you kindly answered Newbie’s question, can I ask if you have a clue on how to lock the content of a whole category, please?
    The documentation says you can but fails to explain how.
    Thanks a lot. Take care,
    Gabriella

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.