Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Link problem

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    badix08
    Participant

Hi,
    I can’t add link to my newsletter, all links that i put are like this mydomain.dom/?nltr=MTQ7MTI2MztodHRwczovL3d3dy5nb29nbGUuY29tLzs7NTY4YTgwZjUwMmI5ZmYzMTRhZWNlMTc0MjFlYzU0NDM%3D

Thanks

MtnXpress
    Participant

I am having the same problem – All my links are getting obfuscated and they are breaking. Is there anyway to link directly. In other words have the links be mydomain.com/mypage rather than mydomain.com/?nltr=HSFDHDSJSKSMDC DLD etc.

badix08
    Participant

I even encoded them with base 64 and still got the same problem.

MtnXpress
    Participant

I did as well. I thought that would fix it but no…

badix08
    Participant

Hope someone will have a solution for that…

MtnXpress
    Participant

I have a rather lame fix for this. If you turn off “Track clicks and message opening” from within the individual newsletter it does not obsfucate the link so they are not broken anymore. We don’t use the tracking much since we have bigger fish to fry, so it will work for this week but I am going to start looking outside the plugin for a solution. Any ideas from any web server people would be appreciated.

MtnXpress
    Participant
    Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, even if the link are changed to tracking link (they are not obfuscated, actually) they shoud not break your newsletter. What is exactly happening?

Stefano.

badix08
    Participant

Hi, what happen is if i add any link in the newsletter, the link that i receive in the mail is broken and look like this :

mydomain.dom/?nltr={random number}

badix08
    Participant

Even if it is an external link

MtnXpress
    Participant

@Badix08 Did you try my workaround? All my links (both internal and external) were broken and it fixed them all.

WortMalereien
    Participant

Hi! I received an Email of one of my newsletter recepients informing me that the links to my newest articles (within my newsletters) are never working. They appear underlined, but cannot be clicked on. I am a recepient of my own newsletter as well (through Outlook), but have never had any problem with these links, for me they always do work. Now I looked my newsletter mails up in GMX via different browers and found out that indeed they cannot be clicked on. Please let me know how I can fix this problem! Thank you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.