Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Is there a way to update multiple contacts' status to "Unsubscribed" at once?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    apptreestudios
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a CSV file of a few hundred contacts that I need to unsubscribe. Is there a way I can somehow upload that CSV so it will unsubscribe those contacts in my existing list?

If I go to Subscribers > Import, I have the option to upload my CSV here and there is indeed a box for updating the existing contact status. However, “unsubscribed” is not a choice in the dropdown menu here.

Is there a way to do this or do I need to update each contact manually one by one?

Kind regards
    Oliver

darbo
    Participant

Mark them as bounced? import them all to the bounced input?

apptreestudios
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the reply darbo. I will take a look at that. I assume this should be done in Subscribers > Maintenance > Bounces, right?

Will there be any downsides to doing it this way rather than having them unsubscribed?

Thanks again!
    Oliver

darbo
    Participant

yourdomain/wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletter_users_massive

SUBSCRIBERS MAINTENANCE, then go to bounces.

Is there any reason you want to mark these as unsubscribed? what do you plan on doing with these addresses once you have done it?

To remove people, I mark as bounced, then I delete them accounts

apptreestudios
    Participant

Gotcha, thank you. I’ve recently switched from MailChimp to Newsletter, so I am uploading my entire list to Newsletter. From MailChimp I also got a list only of unsubscribed contacts, and these are all the people I wish to unsubscribe on Newsletter. The reason I wanted to keep them in there (rather than just delete them) is to make sure I don’t accidentally add them again in the future if I need to merge lists (and the unsubscribed person is also on the other list).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.