Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    designtepsol
    Participant

On you GDPR Compliancy page you state “Newsletter collects Ip addresses at the moment of the subscription and whenever a user performs an action on newsletters, if tracking is active.”. I have the tracking option active (always had). However I changed the status of all my subscribers in order to send them a new confirmation email request, but when they confirm, the IP is not saved or at least I’m not able to see it. It only shows me the IP of the subscription of the users who subscribed themsleves previously and not the ones I imported manually.
    If some user complains, will I be able to prove I had his confirmation only by the date and hour of the activation or is this some bug? Shouldn’t I be able to see an IP in the log tab for every single action of the user?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, yes, we do not store the IP address on changes, and I think it is not a GDPR requirement. Anyway that could be a good idea.

Stefano.

designtepsol
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply.

It’s not a GDPR requirement, but again, what other way can we keep proof it was the user who performed the confirmation action and not the company?
    We can also set an email to be sent to the company whenever a user confirms a subscription to have some sort of record, but how to keep proof of that, since the email address of the email we receive is our own and not from the user?

Also, then what do you mean when you say “Newsletter collects Ip addresses at the moment of the subscription and whenever a user performs an action on newsletters, if tracking is active.”, since you now say Newsletter plugin does not store IP addresses on changes?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.