Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Internal server error 500

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    miwo
    Participant

When I click on “New newsletter”-Button I am redirected to http://www.it-freelancer-magazin.de/wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletter_emails_theme – but that page gives me the internal server error 500 page. I have newsletter plugin version 4.8.5 and WordPress version 4.7.3–de_DE. I’ve disabled all other plugins, but the error still exists. What can I do?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Those kind of error are logged in the error log of the server. Please try to find it so we can understand the problem. Check even the status panel of Newsletter for any possible error.

Stefano.

miwo
    Participant

the status panel link leads to http://www.it-freelancer-magazin.de/wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletter_main_status which also gives the internal server error.

It’s funny. When I activate debug mode in wp-config.php with:
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

the above error doesn’t persist any more.
    But anyhow I found two warnings in the log:

[16-Mar-2017 04:59:02 UTC] PHP Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Inetpub\vhosts\wvps83-169-10-28.dedicated.hosteurope.de\site5/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/emails/themes/composer.gif/theme.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:/Inetpub/vhosts/wvps83-169-10-28.dedicated.hosteurope.de\;C:\Windows\Temp\) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\wvps83-169-10-28.dedicated.hosteurope.de\site5\wp-content\plugins\newsletter\includes\themes.php on line 114
    [16-Mar-2017 05:00:14 UTC] PHP Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Inetpub\vhosts\wvps83-169-10-28.dedicated.hosteurope.de\site5/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/emails/themes/composer.gif/theme.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:/Inetpub/vhosts/wvps83-169-10-28.dedicated.hosteurope.de\;C:\Windows\Temp\) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\wvps83-169-10-28.dedicated.hosteurope.de\site5\wp-content\plugins\newsletter\includes\themes.php on line 114

Do you know what’s wrong with it now?

Anonymous
    Inactive

When you hit an internal server error it usually means some parts of your web server is not configured correctly or the application is trying to do something and the server is failing to carry out the request due to a conflict or restriction. This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software . It is up to the administrators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

miwo
    Participant

The solution in my case was to migrate from Windows tu Linux. After that all problems were solved.

Anonymous
    Inactive

500 internal server error is one of the frustrating errors that occurs in WordPress websites. This error is generally caused by WordPress plugins, PHP memory limit, .htaccess file and WordPress core files corruption.
    There are some methods which will help you to fix 500 internal server error.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.