Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Improve failure mode when opening a link for an already-deleted subscriber

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hey,

Our subscriber list is sensitive and stored in a separate system.

When sending out newsletters, we import all subscribers, send the newsletter, delete the subscribers.

Recently we noticed that deleting a subscriber will break all links in the already sent-out email!

The responsible code is in statistics/statistics.php:

if ($user_id) {
                    $user = Newsletter::instance()->get_user($user_id);
                    if (!$user) {
                        $this->dienow(__('Subscriber not found', 'newsletter'), 'This tracking link contains a reference to a subscriber no more present', 404);
                    }
                }

Instead of returning an error, could we make it so that the link still works please? Here’s my suggestion:

if ($user_id) {
                    $user = Newsletter::instance()->get_user($user_id);
                    if (!$user) {
    header('Location: ' . apply_filters('newsletter_redirect_url', $url, $email, $user));
    die();
                    }
                }

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Madame or Sir,

I have a similar problem. We also have an external database which is connected with wordpress. Yesterday I sent a newsletter with your plugin for the first time – everythink worked fine. Afterwards I then removed the email addresses of some subscribers by hand. Now the links and attachments of all the sent mails are broken:

“Abonnent nicht gefunden

Text below only visibile to administrators
    This tracking link contains a reference to a subscriber no more present”

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the deleted email addresses. Any suggestion how I fix this? THANKS!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.