Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Images in Email do not show up (Error 404)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Emmeline Smith
    Participant

Hi,

We are having a problem with displaying the images in an email.

If I load the image with my browser:

../wp-content/uploads/test.png

it works, but the link generated by gmail does not work:

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/zPVRAbZflzG2VDzuiyA_s_Wx8o4C1wqT9VskfJp0PxVJnjN_CQ9wJIBK8rlgofWripgVcMcHKGtIWoG1zCfNBpjxURBgLoWaXLLtYAtBTMp3aSQI5DBoXfGV0sq9=s0-d-e1-ft#../wp-content/uploads/test.png

Can you help?

Many Thanks.
    Indigo 21 Support

Stefano
    Keymaster

Check on status panel IF the wp_content_url is set to a relative uri and not a full uri. Newsletters require to have images generated by WP with a full url.

Stefano.

kochandiii
    Participant

Hello Stefano,

I am currently struggling with exactly the same issue. My images from newsletters are not displayed in Gmail (whereas in outlook it is working).

As you recommended, I tried to set the wp_content_url to the full URL, but still it was not working. Do you have any more recommendations?

Thanks in advance
    Andi

kochandiii
    Participant

Additionally I read about the following suggestions to display the images in gmail:

Including the scheme in the src url (using “//” does not work – use full scheme EG: “https://”)
    Including width and height attributes
    Including style=”display:block” attribute
    Including both alt and title attributes

Sadly they didn’t work for me!

Emmeline Smith
    Participant

Hello Stefano,

It’s still not working.

Any way to fix this error?

Thanks.

RegisIT
    Participant

Old post but in case anyone finds this; we had the same issue with Outlook. Problem was we were using a Root Relative URL plugin which was removing the absolute image URL in the email. Deactivated that and problem resolved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.