Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Image align left and text wrap

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MarkHunnibell
    Participant

Hello

, I am not really new to the newsletter plugin but I have just installed the key for the paid version (I think USD $110/year) on a second site but am wondering how I missed this. Maybe the message composer has been changed since I used it last, but I cannot figure out how to align a photo to the left and have text wrap around it. Also, it does not seem to support a table so I can have, for example, three thumbnails of book covers on in a row, with links and text below each. Am I missing something or are these things just not possible?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Mark, and thanks for using our plugin.

We do have a columns block which allows you to pick a photo and a caption with a link for each column. Text wrapped around images would lead to a lot of display issues in many email clients, so it’s an option we decided not to include in our composer.

Thanks
    Michael

MarkHunnibell
    Participant

Michael, I have looked for documentation on columns but cannot find it on your web site. Is there a link to a help page? In terms of wrapping text around images, I am surprised there is no support for this as it is a function almost as old as HTML itself. I realize there will be differences in the way clients display it, but I could live with that.
    By the way, I cannot seem to create a break between paragraphs in this reply form.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

you don’t really need documentation, there is a column named block among available blocks in our composer, just drag it in the newsletter and you’re good to go. I also get that text wrapped images are a common way of styling paragraphs, but the fact is, in email design it will lead to display issues which cannot be easily debugged.

Michael

Mark L Hunnibell
    Participant

I cannot seem to attach an image, but my composer has three groups of 14 different block name buttons in the compose window:
    Group 1: Preheader, Header; Group 2: Separator, Html, Image, Hero Section, Text, Heading, Giphy, Blog Posts, Call to Action; Group 3: Social, Legal, Footer. WHERE is the “column named block?”

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

my bad, I forgot to point out that the column block is available with the Extended Composer Blocks addon. You need to activate it from Newsletter > Addons Manager.

Michael

Mark L Hunnibell
    Participant

OK. But is there any way to align LEFT the text (or images) within the column? Looking at the source code it generated, it seems to be an implementation of the TABLE tag. Would it be too difficult to just add a TABLE block that could be inserted and allow adjustment of all the attributes as desired? I figured out how to insert a TABLE with the Html block, but that is clunky because the images need to be explicitly referenced as a web address. BUT… it works and is adjustable.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

of course if you add your own custom html block you would have full control over the content display rules. We’re actually redesigning some of our composer blocks in order to add more options, we totally get that sometimes it could be a little bit rudimentary.

Michael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.