Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support I can't send test mails – why?? :(

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    I can’t send a test mail any more (if I want to test a new Newsletter I don’t get an email, too) – a week ago it was working and I thought I did not Change anything!?

If I enter my Mailadress under “Settings”–>”Diagnostics”–>”Tests” it is working:
    Mail send with wordpress and with Newsletter: SUCCESS

If I go to “SMTP Settings” and send a test mail there is an error:

——————————
    2017-05-24 12:26:14 Connection: opening to :25, timeout=300, options=array (
    ‘ssl’ =>
    array (
    ‘verify_peer’ => false,
    ‘verify_peer_name’ => false,
    ‘allow_self_signed’ => true,
    ),
    )
    2017-05-24 12:26:14 Connection: Failed to connect to server. Error number 2. “Error notice: stream_socket_client(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
    2017-05-24 12:26:14 Connection: Failed to connect to server. Error number 2. “Error notice: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to :25 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)
    2017-05-24 12:26:14 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0)
    2017-05-24 12:26:14 SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
    ——————————

You can see my SMTP Settings in the Picture.

SMTP Settings

How can I fix that? I would like to send the next Newsletter on monday again!
    Thanks for Your Help!!
    Theo

Stefano
    Keymaster

The smtp setting is empty and not active, the test of course will fails without an host and other parameters. If tests are working (success) from the status panel, it is ok. If the email is not actually delievered, is a problem of the server you should report to the system administrator.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.