Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support How to send a newsletter from a local site?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Good morning,

I am developing a site locally under WordPress and I would therefore like to integrate your “newsletter” plug-in
    but I really don’t know how to configure, on the technical side it’s really difficult for me :-0 !!
    and I have a lot of questions like for example:

./ Which sender email address to use (how to associate it with my local site??), should I create one?? Or
    can I simply enter as an address: newsletter@namemysite
    ./ should I use an smtp ??? what are the parameters?
    /…

In short, as I repeat, my site is on my computer, therefore locally and, therefore, how do I send a newsletter to several
    subscribers (but of course I don’t have any subscribers yet… I just have several personal email addresses that I could perhaps
    use to simulate my subscribers??)

I tried, I hope, to be as clear as possible…, I hope you have at least understood my problem or rather my questions 😉
    (Rem: I am using wampserver server)

Thank you so much for your help !!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, if you have a local development env. it depends on how you configured it. For example, XAMPP provides a mailing system. If you have a mail service with an SMTP, you can install an SMTP plugin to connect the site with that service.
    There are so many ways to set up a dev. env. that is hard to answer… probably is simpler to get a cheap hosting with a real domain where everything is already working.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.