Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support How to create a paid newsletter subscription?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joan Steinbacher
    Participant

Is anyone using the premium version of this plugin for paid subscriptions to a newsletter? I’m interested in potentially charging a small fee for access to a monthly newsletter. There doesn’t seem to be any payment functionality in the core features or the premium add-ons. Any suggestions on how to implement this? Thanks.

MacStainless
    Participant

I use the S2Member WP Plugin as a way to charge for memberships. You have to set up a different newsletter in TNP, but the idea I use is this:

Memberships create WP users. I use TNP’s WPUser addon to add those users to a list. That list goes out to the members as the paid edition.

Hope this helps. S2Member has a free component, but the paid edition is a Pay Once thing. No subscription nonsense and it works with Stripe.

If ALL this is too complicated, for real, consider using SubStack. They handle all the tech and you can do free & paid.

Joan Steinbacher
    Participant

Thanks so much for sharing how you accomplish this and which plugin you use for memberships. I’m not yet ready to implement a paid newsletter, but I wanted to make sure it was “do-able” before I got too far along in setting up The Newsletter Plugin.

Yes, I looked at briefly at Substack and spent quite some time researching Ghost. The latter is more full-featured than Substack. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a way to automate newsletters, otherwise I might have gone that route. So, I’ll be sticking with WordPress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.