Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support How can I increase the hourly sending limit? (AmazonSES)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fast
    Participant

Hello,

I use AmazonSES services and newsletter plugin. Total number of members: 70,000 people. AmazonSES gave a limit of 200,000 submissions per hour. But when I look at the newsletter plugin status page, I can send a maximum of 40,000 per hour. 128GB ram is available on my server.

When I use sendy software on the same server, I can send an email to 70.000 members in just 5 minutes. But in the newsletter plugin, I can send an email to a maximum of 40.000 people in 1 hour. How can I use the newsletter plugin faster? What changes should I make in my php.ini file? I need a faster submission because I have a news website.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, that is probably a limit due to the single email processing and network timing, there is not much you can probably do. Are you using a plugin to connect to Amazon SES? You should even pay attention to the per second limit of amazon ses.

fast
    Participant

Hello,
    I use the AmazonSES plugin from Newsletter Plugin.
    AmazonSES allows up to 200 emails per second. I think this is a problem with the newsletter plugin, because when I use “sendy” I can send an e-mail to everyone in 5 minutes. There must be something you can do.

Regards

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, sendy is a SaaS service, they have much more power than the server where a site is hosted and they can work in parallel. You can enable the turbo mode on the Amazon SES addon, but the limitations of PHP are there. If you need performances like Sendy, you should use a VPS with Postfix configured as smart host and set Amazon SES as the SMTP service for Postfix. In that case all the resources of the server can be used to send emails.
    BTW, most of the times, when a sending process is completed, what’s compete is actually the enqueuing of emails, the real delivery can take much more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.