Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Hourly automatic dispatch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    We would like to set up a kind of press distribution list. The newsletter is set to be sent automatically. The newsletter should only be sent when there is a new article according to the set filter. This is all easy to configure. So far so good. However, it would now be helpful if a check to see whether the mailing requirements are met would not only take place a maximum of twice a day. Currently, only 2 dispatch times can be configured in the calendar. But we would like to have a setting e.g. every hour. The distribution list to be operated is not very large. The pure dispatch time would therefore be sufficient. Is this possible, if so, how?

Thank you very much!

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

we never considered adding a hourly dispatch time to Automated, since it will possibly lead to spam issues on large lists (every time a new post is found, a new newsletter would be sent to ALL subscribers). However we get that in certain scenarios it could be useful. I’ll pass this to our developers, we will discuss whether to add this option in one of the futures Newsletter releases.

In the meantime, there is a trick to easily do this: duplicate the current Automated, and edit the sending times accordingly, so that the first Automated goes out at say, 9am and 2pm, and the second at 11am and 5pm: this way you’ll have 4 checks a day.

Michael

Hello Michael,
    Thank you very much for your support. I can understand the spam problem. However, as you say yourself, there may be configurations where it makes sense to send in small batches. It would be great if you could do something about it.

I also had the idea of duplicating the newsletter. But there’s a catch, too. If Newsletter A is sent at 10:00 and 12:00 and Newsletter B at 14:00 and 15:00, then Newsletter B doesn’t recognize which posts Newsletter A has already sent and vice versa. You could work with different categories, but that makes things more complicated on the user side. But for now, thank you very much!

Best regards
    Andreas

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Andreas,

yes you’re right, duplicating newsletter isn’t a viable way of accomplishing what you need. I just suggested it as a temporary workaround. We’re currently considering to add hourly dispatch times to Automated, I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Michael

That would be cool 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.