Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Hosting company: "Correct issue within 24 hours or account will be suspended" !!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FIONA
    Participant

I received this from my hosting company, where they were referring to our (two-step) sign up process for newsletters, using your plugin…

“We are getting reports that your site is sending unwanted email correspondence. Each one of these reported messages causes harm to our email IP reputation and can cause delivery issues for our network. As a result we will need this issue to be corrected within 24 hours or your account will be suspended”

“All that has to be done is the email placed in a text box and the clicking of subscribe. This is not acceptable as Bots are using this to send your confirmation messages to users that do not want them.”

“The problem is that your site sent a email. This is what bots are abusing. You will need to configure your site in such a way that bots can not send emails by simply just putting in a email and clicking on subscribe. Captcha is a common method of doing this.

Do you have any suggestions?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, Newsletter already has an antibot system, check if it is disabled on subscription settings panel.
    Have you recently sent a newsletter? And are you using the double opt in (see the subscription panel as well).

Stefano.

FIONA
    Participant

I have recently sent a newsletter – it went out on Monday. I have double opt-in enabled and in the List Building section > Subscription tab and the Disable antibot/antispam option is not ticked.

How does the anti-bot system work? My hosting company seems to think that it is not working.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.