Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Having some trouble creating a responsive newsletter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    clashley
    Participant

I installed the plugin a couple of days ago and LOVE the user administration features. I would like to use this tool to send a weekly newsletter to my subscribers that includes two sections: 1) the ten most recent posts from all categories in my site, and 2), the next seven upcoming events from The Event Calendar. I cannot figure out how to get events to appear at all using the pre-installed templates.

This page (minus the theme elements) is the content that I want to be in the body of the newsletter: http://artesianccc.org/newsletter-template/

This is the page code the creates the content I want to use in the emails. I understand the short-code elements in the page will not work in the email composer, but I cannot figure how to emulate this in the email composer.

<h4>In case you missed it, here's the latest news and event listings from the <a href="http://artesianccc.org/">Artesian City Car Club</a>! Be sure to check our website for more news and event listings.</h4>
    <table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td style="padding: 3px 15px;" colspan="2" bgcolor="#191919">
    <h3><span style="color: #ffffff;"><strong><em>Latest News Posts</em></strong></span></h3>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr style="padding: 5px 5px;">
    <td style="padding: 5px 5px;" width="10%"></td>
    <td style="padding: 5px 5px;" width="90%">[do_widget id=recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails-3]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td style="padding: 3px 15px;" colspan="2" bgcolor="#191919">
    <h3><span style="color: #ffffff;"><strong><em>Upcoming Events</em></strong></span></h3>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td style="padding: 5px 5px;" width="10%"></td>
    <td style="padding: 5px 5px;" width="90%">[do_widget id=tribe-events-list-widget-2]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the theme does NOT execute shortcodes. You can invoke them this way:

echo do_shortcodes(‘[…]’)

which executes all the shortcodes in the text you pass to the function.

Regards, Stefano.

clashley
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback! I tried to add the following line to my newsletter/emails/themes/blank/theme.php file, but am getting an error:

<?php echo do_shortcodes(‘do_widget id=recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails-3’); ?>

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function do_shortcodes() in /home1/columbv2/public_html/accc/wptest/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/emails/themes/blank/theme.php

It seems that the function is not available?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.